Thursday, September 16, 2004

Yes. Poker is on.

Hey all. Poker is on tonight. Same as last week. $5 to play. Bring yr own beer. And I promise this time there will be pretzels, Erin.

Update: For everyone that had to leave before the game ended: Doyle took a bunch of my chips, but then I went all in with a King and something of Diamonds. Doyle landed a pair on the flop or the turn. I don't remember which. I needed a King or diamond to win. And BAM! Nine of effin diamonds on the last card! Doyle actually had some chips left, but he gave me the win because it was late and he and Jason H had to work in the morning. Either way, SILVER TABLE RULEZ!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I'm bringing Cheetos and Goldfish. I just went to the dentist and I'm all numb, so I might spit beer all over myself...

4:22 PM  
Blogger dennis said...

I was discussing poker night snacks with my work-pal, Larry, who also plays, but who never comes to our game for some reason, and we decided pretzels are the best cards snack because 1) they make you want beer and 2) they don't leave residue on the cards. And, don't tell anyone, but I got peanunt m&ms, too.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Peanut m&ms! I wish I lived in Massachusetts. :(

6:46 PM  
Blogger dennis said...

Kate, no one even opened the bag so come on over to the 'Ham for m&ms. I've got a whole bag.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Doyle was quite the gentleman last night. I went out pretty much on the third hand when Casey beat me with a full house (I kept calling him nasty names - sorry), and Doyle let me have some chips. Then I got called nasty names, so Cuddy and I and Erik got Chinese food. (P.S. fried rice leaves residue on the cards.)

6:43 AM  
Blogger dennis said...

Matt: I'm not going to say that Doyle wouldn't've had a chance if the game had gone on, because he certainly did. But I will say that he'd've been down to about 100 chips and we were playing 25 and 50 chip blinds, so it'd've been a difficult come back.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home